Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crochet scarf



I am trying a lot of different and (for me) new crochet pattern. I am not allowing myself too much time for this but it is quite nice while having some coffee with friends :)


This one was made with two threads (50g / 150 m) at once with a crochet hook size 6 mm (german). I just played around with this "bubble" pattern. It creates a really sturdy kind of scarf (which I like). If I am doing this again I would probably just make it not so wide.... and a little bit longer (just a few cm, but I run out of yarn ^^).

But long as it is you can also wear it like this :)


 The buttons are stiched on the side so it'll create some kind of triangle when closed.


The buttons are made out of fimo (polymer clay). I stamped the dark brown fimo with a wooden fabric stamp and made little holes in the middle with a knitting needle. After baking the buttons I used metallic acrylic paint for the surfaced (Yes, I just applied it with my fingertips ^^)


The buttons without the paint...


...and all the bubbles!

0 comments: