Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ocean inspired envelope



I already made this envelope a few days ago but forgot to post about it. Mh... my neurons are not the newest ones ^^

The picture is from graphics fairy, you can find it here. As soon as I saw it I knew this is perfect for an envelope. Normally all you would need is a colour printer.

This is where my problem started. I just can print in old black and white and not even in a good quality... (Yes, a new printer. Would be great... and needs money... :( ).

So I printed a test version. After this one I decided to add more contrast and brightness to it. Just with the grafic modification options word offers, that's enough for projects like this one :)


Now you have a better chance to paint it after printing. Otherwise the colours would be too dull.


I folded and cut the paper for a very simple envelope :)


Here is the finished envelope shape front:


I wanted the black printed lines to come through so I used artistic water colours.


I also used a black fineliner to overpaint the outlines for more contrast. And I added some movement through more "swirling hair lines"...


All the fishes have some silver as last finish and the mermaid has some gold in the green.


A little bit difficult (as always) to catch on a foto but I hope you get the idea.


After all this was done every creature was overlayed with clear embossing powder.


It is also a little bit difficult to see the effect but it is quite nice. ^^ A little bit like water...!






After all I have to say I am even glad I don't have a colour printer. Otherwise I wouldn't have painted it and in the end I like the mermaid in all this green and gold shades more than the original ^^


0 comments: