Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fish on the wall



There he is. Hanging on my wall. Graphics fairy had a new fish print on her blog which I just love! Not too detailed but detailed enough to be so cute (Yes, maybe my definition of cuteness is not agreed with everyone ^^).

His new place is next to my white board and the orange / red little octopus. The octopus had to put of the reach of my cats because they loved him too much ;)


I printed him out as big as it was possible with DinA4 and glued him on cardboard. Afterwards I just cut him out.


I used a black laquer pen to paint all the edges in dark black and also overpainted some printed lines to get a darker colour. The only other touch I added was silver artistic water colour. It is a little bit difficult to see on the pictures but the shimmer is really cool and "fishy"!


You see the silver and the darkened lines?


The back I also painted black, this time just with the water colours. 


I glued three layers of foamed rubber together and to the back on the fish. With a poster glue stripe I put it on my wall (it is sooooo light!). You could also use a pin or a nail.


The play of light and shadows creates the effect I love of things hanging on my evergrowing picture wall!


He looks at you!

0 comments: